Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hey. You. Read this.

3 weeks ago I was following my dad in his car while he drove my grandpa to the hospital (long story, but he's fine now).  I saw a pickup truck signal to turn into the lane my dad was driving in.  Instead of NOT turning because my grandpas car was obviously occupying the space he wanted to be in, the truck slowly started to turn into the middle lane at 70 mph.  Keep in mind, it wasn't like my grandpas car was in this trucks blind spot or anything.  The truck was actually in my grandpas car's blind spot, the truck could have easily seen him.  Quite literally inches from a collision the truck swerves back into his lane, and leaves his blinker on for the next 2 miles (most likely in shock from almost causing an accident).

Fast forward to last week.  I was driving home from class when I saw the car in front of me start veering to the right, into the curb.  It was obvious they were texting, or messing with a stereo, or falling asleep, or something, because there was nothing on the road to avoid, and it was a gradual turn.  Their front tire hit the curb, at which point they quickly managed to over correct their path into the left lane (luckily unoccupied), run a stop sign, and pull into a parking lot.

Fast forward to today (technically yesterday, since i'm writing this on Friday night).  Sitting in a line at a red light, the green car in front of me decides they need to change to the left turn lane, so they accelerate and move over.  Right as this blue car is driving up to make a left turn.  Luckily the person changing lanes in front of me caught their mistake, because the blue car was ether blissfully unaware that their passenger door was 3 inches from a bumper, or they just didn't care to stop.  Or react.  At all.  At first I thought they had actually hit each other, but the blue car just kept on driving.

So why am I telling you this?  I'm telling you this because you need to Fucking pay attention you dumbass.  I know everyone makes mistakes, and shit happens.  I'm not a perfect driver ether, but still.  Don't text and drive.  I'm sure it's not that urgent, it can wait until you get to wherever you're going.  Don't stare down your stereo while cruising down the road.  Look before you change lanes.  I don't want my car totaled because Kelsey needed to text Ashley about facebook drama, or because you have to change the station because nickelback just came on the radio.  (actually, if nickelback comes on the radio, you have my permission to do whatever the hell it takes to get that horrid sound out of your car.)
Oh.  And don't drink and drive.  That's dumb too.  And eat your veggies.  And drink water. its good for you, that diet coke stuff will kill you.  And change your underwear EVERY DAY.
Tomorrow I'll write a blog where i don't complain about stuff.  Pinky swear.

10 comments:

  1. God I hate shitty drivers. I can't wait until google replaces human drivers with robots

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, texas has the worst drivers. Every day is a suicide mission

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate them, i indeed hate these people every time i see a dumbass commit some of these things i wish he actually got killed that he drives of a cliff and DIES ignorance is not rewarded

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive been there many times, in los angeles you're surrounded by fools.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for fast moving MURDER MACHINES!!

    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's happening every where, you see it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better. Drunk drivers can be...problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fucking good post. Who the fuck thinks they can text and drive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing. Had similar occurences.

    ReplyDelete